Followers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Storm


Add ImageAt 3:27 pm today, the National Weather Service doppler radar indicated a severe thunderstorm capable of producing quarter size hail, and destructive winds in excess of 70 mph.

The following advice was provided, "If you are in the path of the storm, take immediate action to protect life and property. Seek shelter inside a sturdy building and stay away from windows."

Sure thing...The advice would've been helpful had I not been driving along a two lane highway smack dab in the middle of it all. Lightening and thunder struck everywhere and often, the sky was black and the winds aforementioned were no exaggeration! In my 30's I've realized more than any other decade that life takes the path it is meant to take. Of the many things we cannot control, Mother Nature ranks high. With this in mind, I put both hands on the wheel, repeated deep breathing and hoped to beat the storm. As Mother would have it, I did.




1 comment:

  1. PHEW!!! Congrats on making it through the storm. I sure you were a lot more calm that I would have been. I would have fainted, clearly.

    ReplyDelete