Followers

Monday, April 1, 2013

Terminal Uniqueness




 Life is not a solo journey...

This year, I'm in a certification program focused on integrating mindfulness into education. Tonight's topic focused on staying true to what you know, trusting your heart and listening to others. My teacher said, "We are all suffering from terminal uniqueness." We often have a sense that no one understands. That somehow we're alone in our life experiences. I believe that to some degree this is true. We all have unique perspectives, but we're not alone.

I know what it feels like to believe that no one understands. For a long time, I felt I was unique in my struggle to survive the crisis of heartbreak and all that comes with it. I'm still challenged with putting words to the experience. This being human thing is complex. To connect with people who are willing to take off their masks, let their guard down and share their truth can be life saving. We all need people in our lives who are willing to be honest...I know I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment