Followers

Saturday, February 18, 2012

What Can You Do?



One definition of irony is an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

Today I decided to get my car washed. Rather than clean it myself, it
seemed easy enough to drive through a prepaid service station and have machines do it for me. I admit that I was partly motivated by the thrill I get while sitting inside the car as it gets covered with soap, when I can't see out the windows and it feels like the world could be falling apart and I'd never know... Anyway, I was really looking forward to my car feeling and looking clean again. So I chose the "Rainbow" package, dutifully paid my fee and joined the queue. After the wash is complete, you are instructed to proceed slowly under the powerful hanging dryers. A digital timer reminds you there are 60 seconds available for this final step. I carefully rolled through, kept my eye on the clock and hoped to dry my car completely. When my minute expired, I set off to the grocery store.

While I was shopping, a flock of birds pooped all over the roof and windows.

Isn't that ironic?

No comments:

Post a Comment