Followers

Monday, February 27, 2012

Breathe

I'm evolving my mindful breathing practice. My intent for now is to sit quietly and focus on my breath for at least ten minutes each day. I'm not entirely there yet, but acknowledge that it's a process which develops over time and is definitely not as easy as it sounds.

Like many, I am challenged with the simple task of carving out the time. It's interesting how distracted we get with mindless tasks that fill our days while finding all kinds of reasons not to take five quiet minutes to connect with our breath. It's not always a pleasant experience which is another reason many of us tend to avoid it. Thoughts come and go, images come and go, and it requires a lot of patience with ourselves.

I'm going to continue developing my routine of mindful breathing. As I do, I feel connected to my body and am grateful for the hard work it does every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment