Followers

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Change

Letting go is an act of courage...

Recently I sat outside, on an uncharacteristically warm October night, catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in quite a long time. Needless to say, we had plenty to share about our lives and what's been going on for us. At one point we were talking about change and the difficulties that can arise...especially when we don't "choose" it. Generally, we talked about challenges that show up in life and how important it is to be gentle, compassionate and patient with ourselves. Take the time we need to move through it. 

Having a regular mindfulness meditation practice continues to be grounding for me. The process of letting go can often be accompanied by repetitive thoughts that bring us down an emotional spiral. Mindfulness meditation invites me to reunite my mind with my body. I find that the more I practice the more connected I feel with my experience in the moment and the less likely I am to follow negative thought patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment